My version of Warm Cookie Dough & Ice-Cream is a quick and easy cheat. All you need are three main ingredients:
- Cookie mix with chocolate chips
- Chocolate sauce (cold)
- Soft-scoop Vanilla ice-cream
To make this indulgent dessert all you need to do is:
- Spray/rub butter all over the inside of a shallow baking tin.
- Follow the instructions on the the cookie mix packet to make the cookie dough (usually add milk or water and mix until smooth).
- Pour the mixture into tin and bake in pre-heated oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before topping with 1-2 scoops of ice-cream and drizzling on chocolate sauce.
Make sure to check frequently as you do not want the cookie dough to turn hard because then it will just be a cookie.
TIP: Insert a toothpick into the center of the cookie dough, it should come out ever so slightly moist and doughy. If it comes out covered in the mixture it is under-cooked, if it comes out clean then it has turned into a cookie!
The cookie dough should be slightly soft so when you sink your spoon into the it it comes out somewhat doughy and oozing thick warm chocolate. The contrast between the warm doughy cookie and cold ice-cream and sauce is like an explosion of flavours and temperatures in your mouth. Whoever invented this is a genius!
It really is that easy and tastes just as good as every other cookie dough & ice-cream I have ever eaten. This is usually my go-to recipe for a quick fix, both kids and adults love it alike!
The picture is from Portuguese Girl Cooks, she has lots of amazing recipes!